Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bells and Whistles

I started writing my blog some days ago, but haven't written anything meaningful yet. I decided on writing a blog couple of months ago and was sure that whenever I'll start writing a blog, I'll add all the cool stuff to my blog. So some of the cool stuff I added are:

- RSS Syndication using FeedBurner
- Subscription to my blog using FeedBurner
- Search my blog using Freefind
- Created a cloud of my del.icio.us tags
- Created my Blogroll using Blogrolling
- Added Technorati link

I don't think many of the Bells & Whistles I added would be used by anyone..... hey I don't even think my blog would be read by anyone but I'll write it anyways. ;-)

Some of feautes I'm considering adding are:
- Digg
- Del.icio.us
- BlogStreet
- MyBlogLog

So till I start writing meaningful, there are some burning questions & talks going in my mind. Read about Qana massacre in the Israel-Lebanon war.
This week I also came across this amazing, smart and powerful speech of Majora Carter at TED. You can watch it here or download by going to TEDTalks. Find out more about TED here.

Majora Carter makes you think about your role in the society, how the surroundings around you influence your growing up, your attitude in life. How do decisons of some influential policy makers changes life of thousands of non-influential citizens. On the positive note, it also shows how can fight, dedication, involvement of groups like SSB transform the quality of life for South Bronx residents. She was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship in 2005.

What is your contribution to the society, to your city and its people ?? What are you doing to make this world a better place ??

Next: Objective of my blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home