Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Objective of my blog

I feel blogging is a very very powerful means of communication. It has revolutionised & changed the internet and web world. I've been reading blogs for the last 3 years, but for the last 1 year have been an avid reader. But the idea to write my own blog is only couple of months old. Once I decided to write my own blog, I started to think what will I blog about. I don't have any special talents, hobbies and neither I'm an executive and nor very knowledgeable in any technology or subject that I can keep blogging about. I never wanted to write a day-to-day or week-to-week activity/diary kind of blog. So what should I blog about ???

For the last 1 year or so I've been reading a lot about web/technology, startups, world politics & disasters, venture capitalism, current affairs, Mumbai, India, attitude in life, etc. I feel I've become fairly opinionated and express my views & thoughts to my friends, family & colleagues. In addition for the last 2 years there've been disasters like Tsunami, Mumbai floods & blasts, wars, earthquakes, Hurricane Katrina and there was a big personal loss in my life. These things made me think deep & hard about my role in society, family, community.

I'll be touching on topics mentioned above and I'm sure as I move ahead & grow in life the topics of the blogs will change.

The blogging technology & concept has opened a new form of journalism, which I would like to call journalism without journalist and these new breed of journalists are unbiased (to a country, political party, religious sect most of the time) and they may be inaccurate or incorrect in their assesment, but the opinions and expressions are still valid.

Also Through Blogging
- writers are made out of ordinary people, not by choice but by American occupation of Iraq in the case of Girl Blog from Iraq
- Like minded people are brought together
- Thoughts, views & opinions can be strongly communicated like Ben Casnocha's blog
- New lessons can be learnt & information can be gathered like this MBA blog and Guy Kawasaki's blog.

I intend to keep blogging reguarly and make my posts short & interesting for you to read and me to write.

Next: Lessons of Back Pain

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarkar tame dhanya cho...tamara ma ava khatarnakh vicharo utpan thay che aye mane khabar noti..mara dil ma tamari jagiya aur upar avi gai che

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Maven said...

Dude,
first, welcome to the world of bloggin!

and amazing writing man!! I am impressed!! what were u doing those 2 yrs in 'SC man?? which chick taught u to write so well? ;-)

and last, thanks for putting a link to my humble dumble blog :-p

4:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home