Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Undecided Post

Why Undecided Post ? I've to decide the next Blog topic in advance before I publish the posting that I was writing. I've to think about the topic and prepare a framework in my mind. When I finished my last post on 'Lessons of Back Pain' I had no idea what I'm gonna blog about next, totally unprepared. Hence the Undecided Post which is going to cover 'Blogging'.

Blogging has created so many new dot-coms in the Web 2.0 space having products like blog editors, site metrics tool, RSS feed readers & aggregators, advertising & search tools to name a few. These products help novice bloggers to set up quickly and improve their blogging experience & for the professional ones to spread their content, increase viewership and gain from advertising.

Most of these products have a free version which makes it really cool to use them. I use some of them (Also use Google Analytics not in the list). When I decided to blog I was researching about blogging platforms, Typepad vs blogspot vs wordpress vs blog.com I found a very good comparison between Typepad and blogger. Typepad was the winner in features & ease of use, but at the same time I was not ready to spend money for the monthly subscription. I decided to compromise on the features for now. May be someday if my blog becomes popular and I can afford to pay the subscription fees I'll move to Typepad. BTW blogspot is improving and new features were added recently which will make my move all the more difficult. Check this post of Google Operating System on "The New Blogger".

Here's the A-Z of Professional blogging for first time bloggers. Also check out DesiPundit's Tools for Blog Niravana on pbwiki. (wiki's are another mind blowing concept, I'll blog about them in near future).

Here's to motivate all the non-bloggers who are considering, contemplating, intending, aspiring to write their own blog. Amit Agarwal of Digital Inspiration fame quit has regular day job at a software firm to become a full time blogger. You can read the story here. So all the non-bloggers try to taste this 'mind food', its addictive but very healthy!

Next: Experiences of a FOB

2 Comments:

Blogger Maven said...

sarkar!

each blog i read, am more n more impressed!! really begs the question...wat were u doing at 'SC??!!

and howz the back pain now? was a real eye opener (not tat i needed it :-p) since me too has been having this problem on n off! :-p

9:07 AM

 
Blogger Pritesh Shah said...

@Maven,
Thanks for the compliments about the post.
Back is much better, start doing some basic exercises for just 15-20 mins a day and you'll see the difference.

3:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home