Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ramblings on Sports

My friend Harish has a very good post on Sports and Superdome Re-opening He explains his love for sports and the positive effects of sports on the life of people, especially after major tragedies like Hurricane Katrina or Sept 11. I've personally witnessed his madness for Indian Cricket team during the 2003 Cricket World Cup.

"But, what I love most about sports is the worlds into which it can take you. As a fan, brazen emotions spill forth, and you maintain little control over yourself. I have spent many sleepless nights because of too much joy or too much sadness, whenever my favourite team wins or loses a final. It's all part and parcel of being obsessed with sports and I love each and every bit of it"


Except Cricket and USC Football games, I've never felt anguish or frustration. And through the years the anguish for the Indian Cricket Team is also becoming less. You need some kind of madness and passion to support your team die-heartedly even when they are not performing well. Sadly but truly, I'm a fair weather follower.

But I want to change my attitude because "It's not winning that's important, it's how you play the game."

Peace.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Maven said...

i agree with u when u say that how u play the game that is more impt than winning or losing...but when the India cricket team loses, it generally is because of the manner in which it loses which hurts! (w/o a fight on most ocassions)

12:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home