Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Monday, October 02, 2006

Pehla Nasha

'Pehla Nasha' from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar must be a favorite song for most of the desi guys of my generation. The reason, this movie came out when most of us were in school probably in 7th or 8th grade, which is the time most of us started getting smart and interested in the opposite sex. I watched this movie 4 times in the theatre and endless times on cassette and cable TV. When I listened this song again today I remembered those old days and where I watched the movie and kind of recollected the past.

That's the affect of old songs and movies on me, I just go into the tri-state. Whenever I listen to some not so recent songs, I'm unconsciously remembered of the past; when I first listened to those songs or when did I watch that movie and whom did I go with, and stuff like that.

I'll list some songs and movies which have attached memories.
- I listened to Say Boom Boom first time while I was still in school.
- Gali Gali Mein from Tridev (Bollywood movie) when I had gone to Kashmir with my family (I was 9 years old).
- Dil Chahta Hain was the first Bollywood movie I watched in US with my FOB friends.
- Every time I watch some heroic patriotic movie, remembered of Border which I watched with my Sion buddies.
- I'm attached to Sar Ki Hain Yeh Bahar by Strings, one of my all time favorite songs, from the moment I listened to it on my trip to Matheran (hill station in India)
- The Matrix Reloaded is the only movie I've slept from start to end (went to watch it in Kodak Theatre, Hollywood)
- First listened to Californication when my room-mate used to blast it in our first year of stay at USC.
- Watched My Best Friend's Wedding on 1st April, 1998 with a very good friend.

There're endless such situations, which I may have forgotten. Can someone help me remember them which involves you ?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home