Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Quote of the day

"Formal education just does not bring in academic knowledge, it also brings with it curriculum, discipline, forbearance, competitiveness, understanding, vision and so many other qualities that are essential for everyday existence in a normal society."
- Anonymous

I don't remember where I read it, probably in some article on the net. Copied the line on my notepad and when I was looking for something today, I found this. But whoever has said it, it's a very valid and true statement.

Personally, going through a field change so early in my career has helped me understand some of the qualities mentioned above, not that I've all of those . Higher education has improved my thinking process and helped me make tough decisons without losing by sanity and calm, it has given me the self-confidence to work with people smarter than myself without getting into their hair. It has given me the ability to appreciate the antithesis of work life and importance of learning beyond the text-books.

To find one's true purpose in life, individuals have to look beyond textbooks, to be able to experiment and make mistakes, to learn from one's actions, to take feedback and start again. Learning happens only when we sit back and think and analyse our actions. This helps in realising our sense of purpose in life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home