Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Life without Experience is no fun Life

My colleague recently received an e-mail from a young English woman who has 19 million in her name (in some will or trust) which she can receive only after she gets married. So apparently she's looking for someone to marry her and she'll give 30% of the money she'll receive to the person who marries her, so my colleague asked me if I'm available (he was joking)..... I was like yaa yaa sure, I wont have to work for the rest of my life, I'll retire .....

But than as I was thinking about this, I don't think I want to get/earn money like this, what's the use of getting money this way, what's my experience in this. I want to work to earn and I don't ever want to retire. I want to have the satisfying experience of working and want a fulfilling life which I feel I'll be missing without life's experiences. The more I understand about life and see people around me, I see we all have different backgrounds, different upbringings, different thoughts about pursuing life and we each carry our unique experiences on our shoulder each day and share with others in different breadths. We all talk to each other about our positive and negative experiences, may be however simple they are like dining at a new restaurant, or visiting some cool place in Italy or Hampton's, or your experience of visiting a particular lawyer or accountant. And we always see famous actor/director/artist/politician giving interviews about their life experiences. There are so many websites which are dedicated for product reviews and user forums where unknown people discuss their ideas and experiences.

However, there are somethings in life which I feel have to be experienced personally, you cannot take someone else's word for it.
- Experience like travelling through a foreign country where you don't know a single soul.
- Experience like coming to a new country for studies
- Experience like doing something really noble alone, where you're touching people's lives who cannot do things for themselves.
- Experience of sailing through the rough waters of entrepreneurship.
- Experience of fighting for something you feel is right (Y4E, Save Darfur, etc)
- Experience of falling in and falling out of love (both are important)

I do not like to form my opinion based on someones experience, but it's always good to listen to what they've to say even if you do not entirely agree. It's always prudent to listen to what your elders/parents have to say even when you feel there is a generation gap or difference in circumstances, because although the young person has never been old, the old person once was young.

Some mistakes that can be avoided after listening to others experiences:
- Watching a bad movie or eating at a restaurant your friend has told you to avoid.
- Avoid visiting a bad business/accountant/lawyer/doctor about whom you've read or heard. (I recently visited a very bad/rude Rental office when I was looking for a new apt, have been kicking myself ever since, because I had read/heard about their bad behavior)
- Making the same mistakes over and over again.
- Avoid consulting/listening to pessimist people because it's remarkable how "happy people" just seem to find the bright side of a new situation.
- Living an unhealthy life by either smoking/eating junk/no exercise and than living on medicines.
- Rash/Stupid/drunk driving and than sitting in the hospital with broken bones with pain and anguish for yourself and others (Read: I'm not against people drinking, I'm against drinking and driving).

I read a very nice quote "Although the young person has never been old, the old person once was young. When you look up the age ladder, you look at strangers; when you look down the age ladder, you are always looking at versions of yourself. As an adult, those fantastic younger incarnations can seem either long left behind or all too continuous with who you are now."

Peace & Love always.........

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home