Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Whatever you want it to be ..... - PJP

I thought of doing something different for this post. I invited one of my FOB buddy to write a post on my blog. (will invite some more friends over time). I want all my friends to start and maintain their blog. So this exercise will give them some food for thought. I follow some of my friend's blog and it gives me a chance to see a different side of all them which I don't see while we're together hanging out. So without further adu, I introduce my good friend PJP (a.k.a Smiley baba, Hrithik) who has written this post after lot of coaxing. He's one of the people who has a profound impact on me and I'm sure on many others, he always does the right thing at the right time and I admire it. Be generous in your comments and encouarge him to start writing regularly. So here is Mr. PJP......

Well my very dear friend invited me to write an article in his blog space. For some reason he has a misconception and thinks I have good writing skills (or maybe he was just pulling my leg which I didn’t realize ....until now) In any case I thought of writing something but then the difficult part was to come up with a topic. Should I write about the Indo-US nuke bill (which by the way passed with a whooping 85-12 in the senate) or should I write about my reaction after reading a blog of an Iraqi girl (articles that makes you realize and appreciate how fortunate you are). Should I write about my conversation with an old college friend which refreshed my college days or should I write about semiconductor and technology which I work on. So as creative as I am, I thought of writing on the topic of the topic itself.

I think the topic of the blog tells the kind of person the writer is in great detail. Is he emotional? Is he a person with political views? Is he very observant? Is he a tech savvy? Usually you would find a same kind of theme in different blogs written by the same writer. It’s more like all the Karan Johar movies (infact now even the songs in his movies confuse the hell out of me.) I find it interesting to understand the psychology of the writer. Some bloggers have money as their motivation; some are just pouring their heart out hoping someone is reading it. For some writing is just a passion. Some are writing to enlighten the world (or atleast that’s what I think they think). Of course then there are people like me who don’t know why and what they are writing. My friend told me that he does not care who reads his blogs, he just writes it and feels satisfied. I was impressed by that thought.


I guess you can write about anything and everything, share it with the world and still have more to talk about. Recently, researchers have analyzed the dynamics of how blogs become popular. There are essentially two measures of this: popularity through citations, as well as popularity through affiliation. In anycase I am not looking for popularity but just wanted to write something down. A question before I sign off : Reading my blog what kind of person am I ?

Don't forget to answer his question....

Here's a pic from our Chicago trip in Dec 2004 after both of us sailed through some tough times.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Maven said...

Good job JJ sarkar in getting Motasaheb to contribute!!

Motasaheb,
my turn to welcome u to the world of blogging! finally we mortals get a chance to read abt ur view points...only someone as intelligent and creative as u can write such a big blog abt topics/reasons for blogging!!
and only a gr8 soul like u can decipher a personality from the way a person writes! mere mortals like me are incapable of gathering a person's personality, especially when the person in question is the one n only...Smiley baba aka Hrithik aka PJP aka MOTASAHEB!!)

well, hope to see a blog of ur own soon...

cheers,
uv

2:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dadasaheb ...u were supposed to encourage me ... not make fun of me ... i think i need to remind you of our treaty :)

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Gee2 said...

PJP Don,
Ek post se kuchh bhi batana mushkil hi nahi....namumkin hai !

Aur likho.....and we ll know whats going on in that super brain of urs....

2:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pritiben ke nee ee kaam na thay evu bane?? well... what kind of person u r.... like "pritiben" ha ha... just kidding... but will write soon about that....but definatly u not the one what u r trying to show....

8:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home