Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Quote of the day

"The more I think about things, the more I see no rhyme or reason in life -- no one knows why some things work out, and some things don't -- why some of us get lucky -- and some of us..."
- Bella (Gina McKee) in the movie Notting Hill. Notting Hill is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I'm fascinated by the randomness and luck in life, though I don't think about luck/randomness while doing anything good/bad but time and again I realise after the fact why some complicated things work out so quietly and ordinarily and some simple issues give you such a hard time. I believe perspectives and attitudes in life plays an important role in how you pursue each day, week.... life, work. It's remarkable how people having positive attitude always end up having happy experiences and outcomes even in a new situation.
For e.g. A survey in NYC for people looking for street parking in NYC every night/evening always find parking, not because they know the streets or spots to look but because of their attitude.

I'm sold.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gee2 said...

jj, in hibernation ?

5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home