Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Friday, December 01, 2006

Dialogues - Fuel for thoughts

I love good dialogues especially with old friends whom I'm catching up after a long time. All of us cross paths with a lot of new people during our school/college years or work life, some interesting and some not so very interesting. I was fortunate to meet some very interesting people (hope they find me interesting too... ;) ) whom I shared good camaraderie and were a regular part of life for those growing up years.

Life is moving at a faster pace than ever and friends who once were everyday buddies have become rare planned ocassions. I'm fine with that, c'est la vie..... BUT I want to grab those rare ocassions, have fun, catch up on old times and make the most out of it.

There were couple of ocassions recently where I met old buddies from USC and SAKEC and I enjoyed every moment of it. B (buddy from SAKEC) was at my place for a weekend and we met after almost 4 years. Both of us have changed (matured if you say so....) he always was, but enhanced further with an MBA which he got recently and I'm yearning for. We had some nice dialogues on so many different subjects, even hard to remember. Big conversation on why he went to Business School and what can be done for getting into a good school, good job after MBA, Marriage, Business Opportunities, Job Opportunities, War in Iraq.
Thanks for stopping by!

I also met Harish and Babloo in Virginia 2-3 weekends back and it was good to see both of them after a long time even though both are just 4-5 hours far. We had nice lunch/dinner at a restaurant in Baltimore harbor. (I love restaurants on water-fronts). It was good to see both of them.

This year I also went to my first Thanksgiving Dinner at a colleague's place which I thoroughly enjoyed without doubt. Met some really fascinating and delightful people (my colleagues family and neighbors) had sumptuous Vegetarian food and desert. Had nice chat with my colleagues family, I was struck by their humbleness, simplicity and love for simple things in life. Gave me a lot of fuel for thinking about the world and approaches in life. Looking forward to my next meeting with them. Thanks for the wonderful dinner!

I look forward to more such encounters with old buddies and new interesting people who will mature to old buddies with the investment of time and many such conversations. Anyone passing by, I'm always ready to meet for a dialogue over lunch/dinner. I'm only a phone call away!

This topic reminds me of 100 Years by Five for Fighting.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarkar...when can I have the pleasure of your company...I once invited you to portland and you said " we just meet last month" hahaha .. maybe I am not as interesting as these other people but still I hope I can have a dialogue with you anytime... it would be my pleasure ...

4:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home