Thoughts, Experiences, Questions, Lessons ....

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Top 3 Most Watched Sports in the World

Since the Cricket World Cup is beginning in next few days, a debate at work about the most watched Sports started my quest to find out the Top 3 Most Watched Sports in the World. Someone asked me this question and my immediate reply was:
  1. Soccer
  2. Cricket
  3. Was not sure, Tennis or Golf
Being from the Indian sub-continent Cricket had to be in the list, I even joked that if the population of India increases further it can be the most watched Sport.

My colleague asked me a valid point, What do the Chinese and people in Far East follow? I was not sure what sports do they watch. This can change viewer-ship rankings. She told that Tennis might be No 2 and Cricket might be No 3. Seems reasonable, but does anyone have a better answer to this question.

Which are the Top 3 Most Watched Sports ?

A thumbnail of a 20-20 cricket match between England and Sri Lanka (Image Courtesy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:England_vs_Sri_Lanka.jpg)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarkar,
Soccer I am sure is the most watched sport according to multiple sources but I did read that formula 1 is the most watched sport. My guess would be Soccer,Formula 1 and then Cricket just because circket has limited viewers in europe (other than england),africa,SA etc...while soccer is without a doubt the most popular sport in all the continents.
In far east Soccer and baseball are very popular...baseball in countries like Japan and Korea...
Well I am sure there are multiple sources with different stats...
later.

12:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home